Specialties-Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility:
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies, including IVF
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Reproductive surgery including tubal sterilization reversal
- Uterine anomalies
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities
- Donor egg and donor sperm
- Fertility preservation
- State of Oklahoma, 2009-present
- State of California, 2012-present
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2013-present
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Board-certified 2017- present
- B.A. in chemistry at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, magna cum laude, 2003
- Research fellowship in Munich, Germany, 2003-2004
- M.D. degree at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2008
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oklahoma, 2008-2012
- Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Southern California, 2012-2015
- Obstetrical outcomes following infertility treatment
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Fibroids and infertility
- Hormones in menopause
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies
- American Medical Association
- Research Fellowship in Menopause, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2014-2015
- Excellence In-Training Award for research presentation, Pacific Coast Reproductive Society, California, 2015
- Best Overall Research Presentation, University of Oklahoma, 2011 and 2012
- North American Menopause Society/Teva Women’s Health Medical Residents Excellence Award October 2010
- Best Second Year Resident Research Presentation, University of Oklahoma, June 2010
- Best Overall Resident/Fellow Prize Paper, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Biennial Meeting, 2010
- Medical Student Teaching Award to Residents, University of Oklahoma, 2009
- Burks HR; Ross L; Opper N; Paulson E; Stanczyk FZ; Chung K. Can highly sensitive antimullerian hormone testing predict failed response to ovarian stimulation? Fertil Steril 2015; epub ahead of print. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.06.018
- Burks H, Paulson R. Cryopreserved embryo transfer: endometrial preparation and timing. Semin Reprod Med. 2015 Mar;33(2):145-52.
- Burks H; Wild R. Chapter 7: Diagnostic criteria of polycystic ovary syndrome; Chapter 9: Polycystic ovary syndrome and cardiovascular risk. Androgens in Gynecological Practice. eds. Plouffe & Rizk. Cambridge University Press 2015.
- Burks H; Wild R. Chapter 1: Diagnostic Criteria and Epidemiology of PCOS. in Pal L, et al. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Current and Emerging Concepts. Springer 2014.
- Burks HR; Smith KM; Wentzensen N; Tenney ME; Tuller E; Moxley K; Mathews C; Dunn ST; Wang SS; Gold MA. Risk of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia 2+ Among Women with a History of Previous Treament for Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia; ASCUS and LSIL Pap Smears After Treatment. Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease. 2011; 15(1): 11-14.
- Clever G, Soltl Y, Burks H, Spahl W, Carell T. Metal-Salen-Base-PairComplexes Inside DNA: Complexation Overrides Sequence Information. Chemistry: A European Journal. 2006 Nov; 12(34): 8708-8718.
- PCRS Annual Meeting 2015. Is endometrial preparation during frozen embryo transfer associated with adverse obstetric outcomes? Burks H; Bruno-Gaston J; Stanczyk FZ; Bendikson K; Paulson R; Chung K.
- PCRS Annual Meeting 2015. Developmentally delayed cleavage-stage embryos maintain high implantation rates in frozen embryo transfers. Burks H; Buckbinder J; Francis-Hernandez M; Bendikson K; Chung K; Jabara S; Paulson R.
- PCRS Annual Meeting 2014. Can Ultrasensitive Anti-Müllerian Hormone Testing Predict Failed Response to Ovarian Stimulation?Burks H; Ross L; Opper N; Stanczyk F; Chung K.
- PCRS Annual Meeting 2014. Cycle Day 5 Follicle Stimulating Hormone Levels PredictHCGLevels in Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation. Burks, H; Paulson, E; Opper, N; Stanczyk, F; Paulson, R.
- ASRM Annual Meeting 2013. Can Adverse Obstetric Outcomes After Frozen Embryo Transfer be Predicted by Estradiol Levels or Endometrial Thickness Prior to Transfer?Burks H; Stanczyk F; Wilson M; Paulson R; Bendikson K; Chung K
- PCRS Annual Meeting 2013. The Relationship Between Body Mass Index and Quantitative Serum HCG Levels Following HCGTriggerinInVitroFertilizationCycles. Burks H;Opper N;KhetanV;SchapiroL; Paulson R;BendiksonK;Chung K.
- ASRM Annual Meeting 2012. Is it reasonable for Couples with Low Strict Kruger Morphology to Undergo Intrauterine Insemination? Burks HR; Peck J; Storer B; Zavy MT; Hansen KR; Craig LB.
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons Annual Meeting 2012. The Influence of Obesity on Complication Rates Following Benign Hysterectomy. BurksHR; White D;Allen A; Wild R; Smith K; Quiroz L.
- American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology Annaul Meeting 2010. Risk of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia 2+ Among Women with a History of Previous Treament for Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia; ASCUS and LSIL Pap Smears After Treatment. Burks HR; Smith KM; Wentzensen N; Tenney ME; Tuller E; Moxley K; Mathews C; Dunn ST; Wang SS; Gold MA.