Suggestions for your First Appointment:
- We encourage you to bring your partner, a friend, or a family member, if at all possible.
We suggest that if you are part of a couple experiencing infertility, you should bring your partner to the first appointment. If you are single and attempting to get pregnant, feel free to bring along a support person. It can be helpful to have someone you trust by your side as you begin your journey.
- Bring your list of questions.
Chances are you have a lot of questions, and it’s easy to forget some of them while you are at the actual appointment. Our doctors always welcome your questions, and encourage you to educate yourself so that you are comfortable and knowledgeable about your treatment.
- Please go online to the EMR Patient Portal fill out the necessary online questions about your medical history.
- Please fill out the new patient paperwork completely and bring the originals to your first appointment.
When you arrive, we will have your chart ready and waiting for you to minimize any delay in your appointment time.
- Please bring any old records with you, particularly if you had undergone fertility treatment elsewhere.
If you have had any prior testing or medical procedures, please bring all records to your first appointment, or have them faxed to the office beforehand. Due to privacy regulations, you will have to request these records yourself from your other doctors. As there may be a delay in processing, please request these records as soon as possible. These records might include:
- Semen Analysis Results
- Any Blood Results, Hormonal Testing Results
- Cycle Day 3 tests , FSH results, Estradiol levels
- Prior medications and cycle history
- Prior records of past IUI or IVF cycles or ovulation induction
- Your most recent pap test and/or cervical cultures
- HSG film/CDROM from the radiology facility where you had your test performed, or at the very least a printed report
- Familiarize yourself with your insurance coverage for infertility.
We will have someone in our financial services department verify your benefits before you come in. We encourage you to contact our financial department before arriving for your initial consultation.
The more information you can provide, the better your specific medical needs can be evaluated.